Fairfield is excited to welcome you and thousands of other cyclists for RAGBRAI 2019! To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit on Thursday, July 25, please review the following travel and camping information.
As you know by now, using GPS is not advised. Follow the directions given below.
Follow @FFRagbrai2019 on Twitter for live updates throughout July 25 and 26, for traffic and other immediate messaging.
- The official Fairfield RAGBRAI map is available as a download and for online viewing. ROUTE MAP
- Display vehicle passes at all times, including at checkpoints and when entering official RAGBRAI and charter/group campsites
- Follow @FFRagbrai2019 on Twitter for live traffic info, and updates when the main RV lot is full.
THE MAIN CAMPGROUNDS:
- Jefferson County Fairgrounds, 2606 W Burlington Ave
- Cambridge Sportsplex & Roosevelt Rec Center, 1000 W Burlington Ave
- Pence Elementary School, 1000 S 6th St FULL
- Fairfield Middle School, 404 W Fillmore Ave
- O.B. Nelson Park; West Fillmore Avenue and South 2nd Street FULL
- Wilson Park; Wilson Boulevard and South C Street FULL
- Washington Elementary School; 406 E Madison Ave
- Fairfield High School; 605 E Broadway Ave
- Chautauqua Park; East Burlington and North Park Street
- Fairfield Little League park; 1102 E Burlington Ave
Campground maps: see where your group is assigned and where there is available camping: 2019 Fairfield RAGBRAI Campground Maps
RV's must locate at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds.
Larger groups have been preassigned areas; smaller groups (20 and under riders) may use any of the campgrounds on a first come first served basis. Both the Middle school and Chautatuqua Park have plenty of room for campers.
Use these Exits off Highway 34
Exit 210 (West):
- Jefferson County Fairgrounds
- Cambridge Sportsplex & Roosevelt Rec Center
Exit 212 (South):
- Pence Elementary School
- Middle School
- O.B. Nelson Park
- Wilson Park
- Washington Elementary School
Exit 214 (East):
- High School
- Chautauqua Park
- City Park campgrounds will include:
- Shuttle will run noon to midnight to the main entertainment hub located Downtown
- See the map for the shuttle stops and routes BUS ROUTE 061119 WEB QUALITY
- Showers are located at:
- Fairfield Middle School
- Fairfield High School
- Pence School
- Dogwood Dr (Pork Belly's)
- Forest Park (near Chautauqua Park)
- Showers at both the middle school on 404 W Fillmore and the High School on 605 E Broadway, Cost is $5 w a RAGBRAI wristband and $6 without one. We will also have a limited supply of towels for purchase (first come first serve) also at $5, as well as a small supply of soap and shampoo for purchase.